Doctoral Program in Management Science, Airlangga University in the beginning is one of concentration in Economic Sciences Doctoral Program that is administered separately by Airlangga University Graduate Program of the Faculty of Economics and Business. On August 9th, 2011 by the rector decree number 909/H3/KR/2011 on the opening of the Doctoral Program in Management Science at the Faculty of Business Economics, the Doctoral Program in Management science is set to be independent and separated from the Doctoral Program in Economics. Thus, Doctoral Program in Management Science is no longer managed by the Graduate Program, but directly managed by the Faculty of Economics and Business.
VISION AND MISSION
To become an independent, innovative, leading, worldwide-knowned Doctoral Education Program in Management Science while continue to rely on religious morals.
- To generate graduates who have high integrity in the field of management science and business as well as having high competitiveness, and able to provide solutions for problems of management in contemporary, contextual and innovative way
- Organizing the educational process in Doctoral Program of Management Science that is leading to the improvement of the quality of intellectual, spiritual and emotional learners without neglecting academic ethics.
- Encourage research that is significantly contributing to the development of management studies and business practices, both within in the scope of regional, national and international.
- Making means dedication to the community through contributions of thought and practical prescriptions in the fields of management and business at the scope of regional, national and international publications and scientific and popular dissemination.
The strategic objectives of the Doctoral Program of Management Sciences, Faculty of Economics and Business, Airlangga University are:
- Improving the image of Airlangga University in general and the Department of Management Faculty of Economics and Business, Airlangga University in particular, as a qualified and reputable educational, both regional, national and internationally;
- Actualizing innovative, efficient, and effective educational process through adaptive curriculum in accordance to evolution of management science, business, and technology while maintaining the academic ethics and religious morality;
- Improving the capacity and competence of learners who are able to produce a variety of research in the field of management and business that is viable to publish in leading scientific journals, both nationally and internationally.
- Developing the concept of Management Sciences.
- Develop basic and applied research program in the field of Management Sciences.
- Developing interdisciplinary approach.